It is with great excitement that in my role as Chairman of the Allwood Stud 2018 SA Yearling Sale Committee, I can proudly announce we are now taking entries in our select yearling sale to be held in February 2018.
It is true this exciting new sales concept has taken the Harness Racing community by storm and the Graduates from this sale will be racing for the first ever $100,000 Group One for 2YO’s offered in our home state of South Australia.
We are eternally grateful to the team from Allwood Stud for the contribution they are making to the racing and breeding industry in our state. I encourage breeders from all over Australia to book your mares to the two superfast young stallions Fly Like An Eagle and the incredibly popular Follow The Stars that both stand at Allwood Stud. Follow The Stars is a rising sire who served 144 mares last year and with group and listed mares on that list, we could be hearing a lot more about him in the years to come.
Like many successful new game changing innovations we do expect some small growing pains. The first hard decision made by our Committee was to cap the yearlings in the sale to just 33 selected lots. The Committee feels this will be in the best long term interests, for not only the sale but the $100,000 Group One race as well.
A panel has been set up to run a fair, honest and balanced process in determining the final 33 yearlings that will have the opportunity to walk into the ring and be well sold under this astonishing new format.
That process starts now for all breeders wishing to have their yearlings be part of this incredible event. Please follow the steps below.
- Please print the PDF attached and fill in your details as outlined – partly finished entries will not be processed.
- After completing the form please scan and email back to me at email@example.com – all entries will get a reply email confirming we have received your form. Please contact me on 0408 945 755 if you haven’t received this within 24 hours.
- Entries close on Monday 24th July (which successful entrants advised directly that day) and we will be announcing publicly all confirmed lots in the sale by Wednesday 26th July.
- Payments for confirmed entries are to be made no later than the close of business Tuesday 25th July.
- Please note this form is not be used for non-sale entries, an announcement with the forms for this component of the sale will be made within the next few days.
This sale has endless possibilities and we believe the breeders that will join us on this mission in creating Australia’s Best Value Race for 2YO’s will be rewarded.